Get ready to get scared for a good cause!
If the Mare Island Shoreline Heritage Preserve wasn’t scary enough at night this time of year...come out to our annual "NightMARE Island" The last of our fall fundraisers!
The Mare Island Shoreline Heritage Trust is a 501C3 non-profit, and this is the final fall fundraiser for the Preserve.
Your host again for the event - "The man with one foot in the world of the living and the other foot six feet under..." is THE UNDERTAKER, and he has so much planned for your visit! Attendees are encouraged to bring their own flashlights and come in costume. This is an all-ages event, though some of the attractions may be more suited to the 13 and older crowd, and they will be marked.
TICKETS – Available in advance or pay at the gate:
Pre-purchase tickets here: app.hauntpay.com/events/nightmareislandvallejo2018
OR pay at the gate
*This year MOST of our haunted sets will be in one 5,000 sq ft former bomb storage building, built in 1934! Lots of new things for you to explore!
Experience our Haunted House, this year with 3 levels of terror:
1) From 5-6pm there are NO scare actors in the haunted house, NO live animatronics, and NO actors roaming the property outdoors. This is for our younger guests and those who do not like having things jump out at them.
2) From 6-9pm there ARE scare actors & live animatronics in the haunted house, as well as actors roaming the property outdoors. At this time we are in FULL EFFECT!
3) This year there are two parts to the haunted house. Part 1 is approximately the same level of fright as last year. However, this year you will have the option to go on to our 'Extreme Terror' Pt 2! You must choose ahead of time, and NO ONE who initially says they do NOT want to go on to Pt 2 will be allowed to change their mind in the middle of the haunted house. You may always return to the haunted house, and this time sign off to experience Pt 2, this time around!!
*Shop in our Halloween Night Market, open nightly. Find appropriately Halloween-themed jewelry, masks. buttons, oddities, decorations, costumes and more! Some vendors will be there every night, some only on certain nights!
*More fun for all ages in the Halloween Night Market area - JnW Reptile Rescue! They'll be bringing snakes, lizards - even their giant tortoise - that you can get up close to and pet! They are a regular fixture at reptile shows in California and do great rescue work.
*6:30pm - Join The Undertaker on a tour of the Navy's oldest cemetery in the west, with graves dating back to the 1850's.
* 7pm - Paranormal investigations with Soulseekers Paranormal Research (limited availability, and an additional $5 ticket is needed, sold at the Ticket Booth when you arrive). Note: there is NO investigation on Sat, October 20th.
* 8:30pm - Ghost Story Walk, with Myrna Hayes, Volunteer Park Director. Meets at campfire in front of our Visitors Center.
*Hike to the highest point on Mare Island, on the 1 mile long paved trail to visit the Spirit Ship, and take in the 7-county twinkling view.
*There will also be outdoor displays, a fennel maze, and more than a few zombies to assist you if you happen to get lost.
PLUS THEME NIGHTS! These are free additions to our programming, and INCLUDED with your ticket/donation to NightMARE Island!
Sat, Oct 6, "Spooktacular" puppet show with the Fratello Marionettes
Sun, Oct 7 "Crypt Sale" Halloween Flea Market Night
Sat, Oct 13 3rd Annual NorCal HearseCon & Mz NightMARE Island Pageant
Sunday, October 14th, Mysteries of the Natural World: SNAKES! With JnW Reptile Rescue
Sat, Oct 20 Halloween Psychotronic Fim Festival
Sun, Oct 21 Mysteries of the Natural World: LIZARDS! With JnW Reptile Rescue
Saturday, Oct 27, Masquerade Party
Sun, Oct 28 Mysteries of the Natural World: BATS - at Nightmare Island, with NorCal Bats
Wednesday, Oct 31, Halloween!
MORE info to COME! Keep checking back!
And so much MORE… Keep checking back, you won't be able to live with yourself if you miss any of it!
Need more information? Contact us at email@example.com
or call the event hotline at 707-241-4285.
OTHER PUBLIC EVENTS in PREPARATION for NightMARE Island - please click on link & RSVP